- Breast projection
- Breast symmetry
- Lost volume due to age, pregnancy, or weight loss
- Improved self-confidence
- Improved social opportunities
- Ability to look better in clothing and swimsuits
- Feeling more youthful
Breast Implant Sizing: Bigger isn’t always better. When choosing the size of your breast implants, consider:
- Your height, weight, chest, and breast dimensions
- The amount of breast tissue already present
- Skin elasticity
- Desired cup size
- Your lifestyle and physical activity
Breast Implant Placement: There are two breast implant placement options to choose from:
- Sub-glandular placement (over the chest muscle), which allows for a larger implant, creates more lift and more defined cleavage and offers a shorter recovery time.
- Sub-muscular placement (under the chest muscle), which offers petite women with minimal natural breast tissue better coverage of the implant. It creates a more natural look and feel, less unnatural motion, less interference with mammograms, and a reduced risk of capsular contracture and rippling. The sub-muscular placement also provides more support and reduces the likelihood of sagging.
Incision Placement: There are three incision options to choose from:
Saline vs. Silicone: Both saline and silicone breast implants can achieve excellent results that will dramatically improve your appearance.
- Saline breast implants consist of a silicone shell filled with a sterile saline solution and are approved by the FDA for use with women over the age of 18. The saline solution is safely absorbed by your body in the event of a rupture. Saline breast implants are filled by your surgeon, providing greater control over size and symmetry.
- Silicone breast implants offer a more natural look and feel and are most often recommended by our surgeons.
- Small breasts
- Projection and overall shape of the breasts
- Drooping, sagging, or deflated breasts
- Overly large and heavy breasts
- Nipple inversion
At Grossman Capraro Plastic Surgery we use Sientra® silicone gel breast implants.
These implants are FDA approved and have some of the lowest complication rates clinically shown through a robust 10-year study*. Not only are Sientra® implants safe, but they are also backed by their Platinum 20-year warranty which provides the longest coverage, most financial assistance, and least restrictions in the industry.
Sientra® implants are designed to hold their shape while maintaining a remarkably soft feel. With two surface types, over 340 implant options, and 5 projection levels, Sientra® breast implants can help you see the look you have always wanted.
*Stevens WG et al. Ten-year core study data for Sientra’s Food and Drug Administration—approved round and shaped breast implants with cohesive silicone gel. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2018;141(4S):7S-19S.
Grossman Capraro Plastic Surgery also uses silicone and saline Allergan® implants which are FDA-approved and offer the widest range of gel cohesivities, in addition to saline-filled implants, in order to maintain fullness and shape. Coming in smooth and textured surfaces, various profiles, and a wide range of sizes and shapes, Allergan® implants allow patients to fully customize their ideal feel and appearance.
These implants offer a 10-year warranty through Allergan’s ConfidencePlus program, guaranteeing product satisfaction under certain conditions.