Breast reduction, or reduction mammaplasty, provides benefits that are both cosmetic and functional. This procedure reduces the size and heft of overly large, heavy breasts and can also improve breast shape, eliminating droop and sag.
Candidates for Breast Reduction
Breast reduction can restore a positive body image, as well as reduce or eliminate physical side effects. You may be a candidate for breast reduction surgery if you experience the following symptoms:
- Back, neck, and shoulder pain
- Headaches due to neck strain
- Numbness due to stretching of breast skin
- Grooves in the skin where bra straps pull from the weight of the breasts
- Poor posture
- Rashes, skin inflammation, and irritation
- Difficulty breathing
- Discomfort and limited movement during exercise or sports
- Difficulty feeling for lumps during a breast self-exam
These symptoms of physical discomfort are often joined by psychological effects, including:
- Feeling uncomfortable in your own skin
- Feeling overweight, unattractive, matronly, or less youthful
- Feeling like you can’t be as active as you want to be
- Living with unwanted attention focused on your bust
Have A Question?
We would love to hear from you! Please fill out this form and we will get in touch with you shortly.