The decision to undergo breast augmentation is an exciting one! At Grossman | Capraro Plastic Surgery, we want our patients to feel fully prepared for the process. Below, we’ve outlined several ideas for how you can get ready for the breast augmentation process. We encourage you to call us or arrange a consultation if you have any other questions. To contact our Denver practice, please call 303-557-4972.
Here are a few tips to get started:
1. Prep questions for your consultation. If you are still in the initial stages of considering this procedure, the next step is to arrange a consultation. This appointment gives our plastic surgeons the opportunity to hear what changes you would like to make, and then to determine whether you are a good breast augmentation candidate. To get the most out of this meeting, you may want to spend some time thinking about what questions you have, such as:
- How much will the procedure cost?
- How long is the recovery?
- What emotions and physical symptoms should I expect after surgery?
- How can I pick a breast size I will be happy with?
- Where will the surgery be performed?
- How long will the surgery take and when will I be able to return home?
- How long do the results last?
- Will I need to replace my breast implants at some point?
- What are the possible risks and complications?
We’ll make sure you get complete and easy-to-understand answers to all of your questions.
2. Plan for time off from work and other activities. As is the case with all surgery, you will need some downtime afterward. For most typical careers, you should be able to return within one week. Jobs involving strenuous physical exertion would require more time off.
You’ll also need to take time off from exercise. You’ll be walking and doing light activity right after surgery, to help your blood flow and your body heal. If you like to lift weights, run, swim, do cross-fit, or other strenuous exercises, you’ll need to wait longer. Upper body exercises and intense aerobic activity may need to be delayed for a month to six weeks after surgery. We’ll discuss your specific routines and let you know what to plan for.
Depending on how you feel about it, you may want to wait a few days or more before going out with friends or to other social outings. That part is left up to your comfort level and personal feelings about it. But be sure to treat yourself to the downtime you feel you need in order to be healthy and bounce back.
3. Arrange for help for the first few days. The breast enlargement recovery is arguably more rapid and less difficult than ever before. You will still be sore, tired, and maybe groggy for about 24-72 hours. During this time, it really helps to have a spouse, family member or close friend stay with you in case you need anything. If you have children, you should have someone help you with childcare so you can simply rest. You shouldn’t plan to be cooking or doing housework or chores during this time. You also should not drive if you are taking narcotic pain medications. So having help around your home is highly advised.
Next Step: Arrange Your Consultation
Ready to take the next step toward enhanced breasts to look and feel your best? Please arrange a consultation with one of the board-certified plastic surgeons at Grossman | Capraro by calling 303-557-4972. We are located in Denver and proudly provide rejuvenating breast surgery for women from across Denver, Littleton, and all of the surrounding areas. Some patients even visit us from out of state. Call today to arrange your appointment.