Diet and exercise aren’t always enough to banish pockets of unwanted fat. If you’re struggling to tone certain areas of your body, liposuction may be able to help.
This popular body contouring procedure was performed on more than 250,000 patients in 2018, up to five percent from the previous year. Find out if liposuction could help you achieve your cosmetic goals.
What Is Liposuction?
Liposuction is a surgical procedure that shapes your body by removing excess fatty deposits. While it can be performed nearly anywhere, our patients most commonly seek liposuction for their:
- Face and neck
- Arms and back
- Buttocks, hips, and thighs
- Abdomen and flanks
Your Liposuction Procedure
Before your liposuction procedure, you will receive general anesthesia to ensure your comfort and safety. Our plastic surgeons will make small, inconspicuous incisions to access your treatment areas and use a thin, hollow tube called a cannula to loosen and dislodge your fat. Then they will suction away from your fat cells with a surgical vacuum.
At Grossman | Capraro Plastic Surgery, we use two different liposuction techniques to help you achieve your ideal aesthetic:
- Tumescent liposuction uses a special solution of dilute local anesthetic and adrenalin to better separate your fat, reduce bleeding and minimize discomfort.
- VASER® lipo selection uses ultrasound technology to emulsify your fat cells before they are suctioned away. This allows us to more precisely shape your body.
Using a combination of these techniques, we will customize your liposuction procedure to your personal needs and unique treatment goals.
Candidates for Liposuction
Liposuction is not recommended for patients who are pregnant, and it should not be used as a weight-loss method. While the treatment can help you appear shapelier, it will not significantly reduce your weight.
You may be a good candidate for liposuction if:
- You have fatty deposits that are resistant to diet and exercise
- You want to have a more proportional and toned figure
- You are at or near your ideal body weight
- You are free from infection or illness
- You have firm skin and good muscle tone
- You do not smoke or are willing to stop before treatment and during recovery
In addition to meeting the above criteria, you should be willing to follow all of our post-surgical instructions in order to heal properly. This includes:
- Resting for up to one week before returning to work
- Wearing special compression garments for three to six weeks
- Avoiding strenuous physical activities for four to six weeks
Practicing healthy habits following your procedure will help you maintain optimal results long term.
Benefits of Surgical Fat Reduction
If you’re ready to join the hundreds of thousands who have benefitted from liposuction, you’ll enjoy:
- A slimmer, more contoured body for life (if you maintain your weight)
- More confidence and self-esteem
- The ability to return to work within a week after surgery
- Tiny, unnoticeable scars
Your Denver Liposuction Consultation
Think liposuction could be right for you? Contact us at 303-557-4972 to schedule a consultation. Grossman | Capraro Plastic Surgery serves patients in Denver, Greenwood Village, and surrounding areas of Colorado.