We all want tighter, better-defined body contours. If you feel like sagging skin and pockets of fat persist no matter what you do, it may seem like the cards are stacked against you. After reaching your optimal weight and realizing you would be the happiest if deflated skin conformed to your new contour, call the board-certified plastic surgeons at Grossman | Capraro Plastic Surgery. We’ll help you decide if a skin-tightening, body-sculpting procedure is right for you. You can reach our experienced staff at 303-557-4972.
Liposuction surgery removes pockets of stubborn fat on various areas of the body. Targeted fat cells are first emulsified into a suspension of fatty tissue, then suctioned out of the treatment area. That fat is gone for good! It is of course still possible to gain weight, which may appear in different areas of the physique.
2. Tummy Tuck
If you have excess fat and excess skin around the tummy/midriff area, then a tummy tuck may be the right way to tighten up the belly. Tummy tuck surgery – also called abdominoplasty – is a good way to achieve the flatter, smoother abdomen you can’t quite achieve with diet and exercise alone. It is also well-suited to those who have recently lost a lot of weight.
3. Butt Augmentation
A perky, full derriere is one of today’s most in-demand physical features. Think Kardashian sisters and Beyoncé – many women express a desire to flaunt similar assets. At Grossman | Capraro Plastic Surgery, our experienced surgeons can augment your booty with one of three butt augmentation methods:
- Brazilian Butt Lift, which uses your own fat, taken from an area of excess, to augment and sculpt the butt naturally.
- Butt lift, in which sagging skin is pulled and lifted upward. A buttock lift does not add a significant amount of volume, but it does address tissue and skin that is hanging and sagging.
- Butt implants, which are made from silicone and inserted in a pocket made beneath the muscle. Implants shape and contour the buttocks while adding aesthetically pleasing volume.
Our experienced plastic surgeons will help you choose the best method for your goals and expectations.
4. Upper Arm Lift
The dreaded “batwing” appearance of upper arm skin is disappointing to men and women alike! Sagging, deflated upper arms may result from the aging process. It’s also very common to get hanging upper arm skin after you lose significant weight – such as occurs following bariatric surgery, for example. An upper arm lift removes the hanging skin and tightens the contour.
5. Body Shaping after Weight Loss Surgery
After significant weight loss, you may find that your skin is too saggy for your tighter body contour. Once the fat below the skin shrinks, the skin remains but looks deflated. Various post-weight loss skin-tightening procedures can help you fully enjoy the improved health and tighter body for which you have worked so hard.
Body sculpting after weight loss may include any of the procedures above, plus the following:
- A belt lipectomy, which lifts a large, hanging “apron” of skin from the abdomen.
- Panniculectomy, which lifts sagging skin from the abdomen and hips.
- Lower body lift, which lifts a sagging abdomen, hips, thighs, and buttocks.
These procedures not only tighten the skin contour but may also eliminate the chafing or irritation you’re experiencing in the area.
Find Out If Body Sculpting Procedures are Right for You
To find out if you are a good candidate for body shaping procedures at our Denver and Greenwood Village practice, please call Grossman | Capraro Plastic Surgery at 303-557-4972.