Have a few pesky bumps and lumps of fat on certain areas of your body? Liposuction is a cosmetic procedure that not only smooths these bulging areas but is also capable of treating the face and a double chin. To learn more about this body-shaping procedure, please call Grossman | Capraro Plastic Surgery in the Denver area at 303-557-4972.
Common Questions and Answers
- What is liposuction surgery? This body contouring procedure removes targeted deposits of fat. Using a thin, tubular device called a cannula, fat is broken up and suctioned away. At Grossman | Capraro, our procedure has the added benefit of VASER® technology. This device emits ultrasonic energy to emulsify the fat cells prior to removal. The fat cells are easier to remove after VASER® preparation.
- What are the treatable areas? Liposuction treats many areas of the body:
- Upper arms
- Under the chin
And more! Ask our plastic surgeons about your area of concern and whether liposuction can be applied.
- Is it a weight-less procedure? No, liposuction isn’t actually causing weight loss. The amount of weight it removes tends to be limited, and the best candidates for the procedure are already near their ideal weight in order to get the best results. It is true, however, that it reduces fat cells in a given area. It’s more accurate to think of liposuction as a body sculpting procedure and not a weight loss procedure.
- Does it remove cellulite? It does not remove cellulite. The stiff, fibrous bands pulling down on the skin and causing the dimples of cellulite are not altered by liposuction, so they will remain. But don’t worry – at Grossman | Capraro we have an answer for cellulite too! VASER Smooth uses ultrasonic technology to break apart the fibrous bands, releasing and smoothing the surface of the skin. The device also liquefies excess fat cells, which are suctioned away.
- Will it reduce loose, sagging skin? Generally, no, liposuction cannot address significant sagging of the skin. Liposuction is isolated to removing fat cells. If your skin is elastic in that area, you will notice a smoothing out of the surface. But deflated, hanging skin cannot be removed or tightened with liposuction. A procedure like a tummy tuck or lifting procedure is better suited to that goal.
- How long will I need to stay home from work? With liposuction performed by our plastic surgeons, most patients return to work within one week. Take your time, and make sure you let yourself fully rest and recover.
- How long do the results last? Results are lasting! With a healthy, active lifestyle, you should continue to enjoy the smoother body area for the long-term.
- Will the fat come back? The specific fat cells that were removed are themselves gone for good. It is possible for the remaining fat cells to enlarge. You can still gain weight after liposuction. Our patients feel that much more motivated to maintain their new shape with regular physical activity and healthy foods.
Get the Personalized Answers You Deserve
Ready to take the next step? While we’ve provided answers to some of the most common questions, we want to hear the questions on your mind. To arrange a liposuction consultation in Denver or Greenwood Village, please call Grossman | Capraro Plastic Surgery at 303-557-4972. We are enthusiastic about providing you with clear, complete information as you make this decision.